10:16 AM

Gross

There are some terms of endearment that make me absolutely disgusted. I probably shouldn't hate them so bad because I know people are just expressing their feelings or some crap, but oh my gosh, could they use a less revolting term? Please? I'm ok with like pookie bear, or snuggle jugs or sweet heart dream boat cake or anything like that. But today I saw on some one's blog a picture of them that they had titled "Me and my lover". Ugh! Gross!!! The readers of this blog do not need to know that information. They have kids so it's pretty obvious, but I don't want them to draw my attention to the fact that they are like that. 'My lover', and 'making love' are the most disgusting possible things in the world. It reminds me of that SNL skit with Will Ferrill and that funny girl at the Welshly Arms and that is all I can think of when some one uses those terms.

Why would you call it making love? You can't make love, it's not a cake or something. People should use the proper euphamisms like the rest of us! Doinking, woopie, bed party, these and hundreds of others are appropriate names for those sorts of acts, and won't remind me that strawberries are being used inappropriately when they are said.
Besides that, how is calling some one "my lover" even socially appropriate? It is basically the same as calling someone 'my person I have sex with', except for that it is grosser. Calling some one 'my love' is ok though because love in that sense is an emotion and not an action. But 'lover' is just nasty. I wish there was some kind of manual that was published letting people know these things so I wouldn't have to think of their smoked meats in the hot tub when I accidentaly read "my lover" on their blog.

2 comments:

pambelina said... @ July 31, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Snuggle jugs? Really?

Andersontaculer said... @ August 3, 2009 at 12:30 PM

I totally agree with the "lover" thing. We know you do it, do you need to force the mental image upon us? Except for I really don't thing snuggle jugs is an appropriate term of endearment. It's like calling your wife "pillow boobs" or something.