12:40 PM

Extracurricular?

Here are some things that "other people" do for fun. I will never do these things unless under extreme duress or unless I start to like things that suck. Feel free to add your thoughts. And don't be mad if there is something on here that you personally enjoy doing. It just means that you like things that suck , is all.
1. Volleyball. This hurts my arms. Plus those booty shorts aren't the most flattering things on my figure.
2. Sand Volleyball. As if regular volleyball couldn't get any worse. Now we have to add dirt. Gross.
3. Going for "a drive". What is the point of this? I imagine I would like this better if I didn't always get so carsick.
4. Camping. There is a reason our ancestors moved out of caves and built houses. Because living outside is not pleasant.
5. Running. I like being healthy(ish). There are better ways to do it. I would sooner set myself on fire then run for recreation.
6. Scary movies. This is my all time most unfavorite thing in the world. I HATE scary movies. They are so evil. I don't even like it when scary commercials come on TV when I am watching a show. I still have bad nightmares from watching Arachnophobia from when I was, like 10. Also from the scene in Little Mermaid when Ursula gets run into by the boat. That was scary stuff!

3 comments:

Melodie Anne said... @ November 9, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Agreed!!! All those things are awful! That part on Little Mermaid really is so scary.

I would add on to this list basically everything to do with sports, personally. Watching sports on tv? Why??? Try as I might I can not understand why this is enjoyable. If you like the sport then why not go play it? And if you don't like to play it then what is the fun in watching other people do it? And why would one yell at the tv is the sport isn't being played to their liking? Wouldn't it make more sense just to turn the tv off? And why all the angst and fury about a freakin game?! It's a game! Grown-up people are playing a game and other adults pay money to watch them play that game!! I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!

Melodie Anne said... @ November 9, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Also I would like to add "4-wheeling" or "ATV riding" or whatever it's called. One time someone (I won't say who or else people might want to punch him in the face for making me do something so inane) made me go on a ride all the dang way up into the mountains to look at the very same cliff we can see from his house. If getting a closer view really is that important then why not save some money and just buy some binoculars instead? Not to mention the four hours wasted whilst my bottom suffered through bumpy dirt trails and my hair got leaves in it. Gross.

Toby and Emily said... @ November 17, 2009 at 5:37 PM

All I have to say is AMEN, SISTA!!!!