7:06 PM

Uninvited Birthday Crashers

It drives me crazy when you invite a kid to a birthday party and the mom drops the kid off, with all the siblings. Did the invite say "siblings included"? No. Then you have to scrounge around like crazy to arrange all the games and goodie bags to include more people- people that your kid, the one having the birthday party, is not friends with. Furthermore, the siblings are not the same age as all the other party goers so you either have one kid that is older than everybody else that is dominating all the games or you have one that is way younger than the other kids and you have to babysit them for the duration of the party. And it's not like the siblings add extra loot to the party, from what I've observed the parents who drop off extra kids usually just send a general "family gift", not a gift from each attendee. Also annoying- uninvited parents who hang around and expect to be fed and want to sit and chat while you are clearly trying to organize a relay race with 8 screaming kids (2 of them uninvited). I think the general birthday rule is if you are not invited than probably the party is not for you.

4 comments:

Melodie Anne said... @ April 4, 2011 at 2:22 PM

That's really funny.

I hate the thought of birthdays for my imaginary children. That's why I make sure to don't celebrate the dog's birthdays. Don't want to sest up that kind of precedent.

Plus, other people's kids are so freaking annoying anyway.

Also, what is with people inviting me to their kids birthday parties? Do they think I'm going to have a good time? Do they invite me because they want more gifts? Um... I'm an adult. I should only be invited to adult birthday parties. WTF?

Melodie Anne said... @ April 7, 2011 at 11:13 AM

I've changed my mind about being invited to people's kids birthday parties. I guess if I like their kids and I like them, why wouldn't I get invited? I'm nice! I'm fun! I can go to birthday parties just like everyone else! Now I'll be mad if I'm not invited.

Josh and Megan said... @ April 11, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I wouldn't even care if I got invited as long as MASON got invited! He loves being around other kids....

But he especially loves MELODIE and JUSTIN!!

I think my post for today on my blog belongs on this complaining blog!

Anonymous said... @ February 7, 2012 at 11:43 AM

What about this one...My girlfriend and I hosted a party for her son at a paintball place 45 minutes away. I made the invitations, ordered the cake purchased everything that was needed. When we get there I remember I had forgotten something and ran to the supermarket. When I get back his dad had crashed the party. He stayed for the whole duration of the party and when it was time to sing and cut the cake he was front and center taking pictures. He then posted them on his facebook making it seem like he hosted the party.