10:06 PM

Asinine

How lame is scrapbooking/cardmaking/stamping? Do I even really need to write about this? I know lots of ladies are really into this kind of stuff. Probably because they hate themselves and need some form of torture to punish themselves with. But they are too old for cutting and need something that will take insane amounts of time to fill the useless void that is their life. Also something that will cost a bazillion dollars. I have recently found myself obligated to make cards for people and I tell you what- it sucks. There is seriously no point! I could go down to Target and buy a pack of cards that would look ten times cuter, cost less, and be just as appreciated by the recipient. So why is my kitchen covered in scraps of paper, glue sticks, and "embellishments"? And I cannot stand looking at those scrapbook pages that have one teensy-tiny little picture on it and a million decorations and nick-nacks and creative wording like "fUn tiMeS!" If they really were "fun times" don't you think people would be able to tell that from looking at the picture? Probably not since the only picture has been covered up by some decorative paper. Maybe someday I'll figure this stuff out. Until then I will continue to resent everyone who participates in these kind of shenanigans.

3 comments:

Melodie Anne said... @ December 30, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Ha Ha! Hooray! I think so too!! and sometimes I even feel guilty that I don't "craft" more. Plus at Thanksgiving I always make the cards with Patty and Selma and I totally hate it but I do it so I can listen to all thier gossip about the crazy family. Plus I hate the idea of spending sooo much money on my hobbies. Gross.

Annie said... @ January 4, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Not to mention, that one scrapbook page has a 1x1 inch picture, but gobs of ribbon and buttons and stickers. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a scrapbook? Eww, and even worse all the annoying people who try and get you to join "STAMP IT UP CLUB". Ya, I'd rather die.

Andersontaculer said... @ January 9, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Ha ha. Patty and Selma. That's funny.