12:00 AM

Too Loud!!

I think I might be getting old. Last week I went into the mall and actually left the store because the music was too loud. But now I can't decide if I am old or if the stores are just more lame.

Is playing music distractingly loud now among the criteria for being a hip retail store? I'm not asking for elevator music or anything, but I do feel like my ears ought not be assaulted when I want to buy a t shirt. For one thing the employees in that store are going to go deaf at an early age, plus that dang loud music inhibits my clothing judgement and being fearful of making a bad decision I end up buying nothing. Furthermore, if I, in desperation for a cute new clothing item, continue to shop at that store despite the ear splitting racket I tend to get grumpy and I do not feel like that is my fault. It's just too loud in there! How is anyone supposed to stay sane?

I have yet to make a thorough study of the matter but I believe there is a direct correlation between the volume of the music and the trendy/cheap ratio. However, lacking the proper tools to complete such a study (namely- a decibel meter) I am just going to ahead and assume that if a store carries kind of cute clothes for cheap it is too loud in there. Or possibly that I'm an old lady. Either way I can only shop at JC Pennys now.

1 comments:

Andersontaculer said... @ April 28, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Ug. I always leave stores because the music is too loud. I just want to buy cute clothes! Why does it have to be so noisy and obnoxious of music????