10:31 PM

Churchy Biotches

I'm a church going woman. I attend weekly, which is more church going than a lot of other people I know. But I'm not like, rabid for it. I don't do every activity and every single phone tree whatever and go to every church ladies function ever invented. And you know what? Now I'm a church loser because I don't do enough church stuff! I have been so blatantly snubbed by these churchy biotches just because I don't count the minutes until I can attend the next church ladies ordeal!

I go to Sunday ladies meeting and sit all alone every single week even though every woman in there knows me (it's not like I haven't been attending for over a year!) because I had the audacity to not attend the craft making meeting on Thursday or the Book Club on Tuesday or the Park Day on Wednesday OR the Mommy and Me on Friday AND to top it all off I didn't even go to Mid-Morning Workout on Monday, Wednesday and Friday! How dare I?! Now I have to snubbed about it.

I'm nice! Wouldn't you think that since I am not there at every single other thing there would be at least one person who would talk to me on Sunday since she hadn't seen me all week? Nope. I even try to nudge into other people's conversations politely, and they literally turn their backs on me. I don't mean figuratively, I mean actually turn around and box me out so they don't have to talk to me. Who does that? Churchy Biotches, apparently.

Also I would like to point out two other things. One- I have a friend who used to go to this church and then moved and she said the same thing, so she started going to all the extracurricular crap and suddenly had a million friends! So, verified by a second party. That makes it true for sure. Two- I have a job. That's why I can't go to every single thing. Plus I don't want to. Also, like half of the stuff is for people who have kids and I don't have any of those so naturally I can't go to those activities! Duh!

My current plan is to just stop going to that part of church. There are never treats anyway.

4 comments:

Andersontaculer said... @ December 12, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Haha. That's funny because just barely Ri and I were talking about the 'popular kids' in our ward and about how it is totally like high school all over again here. Sounds like your ward has similar dynamics.

A Real Winner said... @ December 13, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Mine too. Except in my ward it really is like high school. You're only cool if you don't go to the church activities, don't wear modest clothes (I mean like mid-thigh length skirts at best)and date all the boys. Why can't people at church just be nice to us poor Winn girls? Sort of different circumstances but church woes nonetheless.

Annie said... @ January 4, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Haha seriously my ward is the same way. I sit by myself every Sunday.

Stacey said... @ March 11, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Oh my gosh! you guys crack me up! This is my first time reading this blog. And I'll have to say, I'll visit it again and withold the need to post something else too because most of the time I want to complain when I blog because it's a way to vent. Anyways, about the biotches. Sadly, I think its our church. People are so stuck in wanting to be accepted they still revert to clicks and groups. However, in this ward we are in, we haven't seen that at all!!! I know!! Shocker!!! Go Colorado!!! But, really, it happened my whole life in California, some in Utah and well, I have to say, the most in Mesa. Anyways, so ironically, because you don't attend the activities and are in a diff. place than the girls, they should befriend you MORE. But, instead, they just assume you are indifferent to them. Good luck with that. :)