1:05 PM

It's worse for me than for anyone else

You would think from the fury and frequency of my complaints these days that I am on my period or something. I am not. I just have a lot of feelings.

So, I know I've totally done this before so I'm a hypocrite for saying anything, but I hate when people think that the thing they are going through is so much worse than it was for everyone else who went through it.

The problem with saying that your commonplace event is soooooo hard is that we have all done that thing that you are complaining about and it wasn't that bad. Sure it sucked. Lots of stuff sucked. But I promise, if literally 100% of the people who you know made it through their identical situation, then you are probably going to survive too.

Besides, I'm not exactly sure what people think is going to happen to them from going through stressful situations. Do people really think that they are going to not be able to make it? What do they think will happen? No one has died from their spouse taking the bar. No one has exploded from their kids having to stay inside due to poor weather. No one has or ever will spontaneously combust because they have more morning sickness than anyone ever. Eventually the stressful situation will be over and I hope they feel stupid for having been such a bawl-baby. Everyone just needs to stop being so friggin dramatic about their petty life problems. It makes me want to set myself on fire.

3 comments:

pambelina said... @ July 28, 2011 at 4:49 PM

The worst is people who do nothing but bitch about how hard their life is. It wears me out to be around people whose life is SO hard.

Annie said... @ August 1, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Especially pregnant whiners! If you are going to be a whiner, complain to your husband, not hourly on facebook!

Anonymous said... @ July 18, 2016 at 9:43 PM

well my life is sooo harrrrddd