10:59 PM

Statues


Statues of people are freaky and weird and creepy and horrible. Everything that is wrong with the world may have stemmed from the acceptance of bronze people statues in public areas. Maybe... Seriously, doesn't it freak you out to have to look at a lumpy faced bronze monster child when all you want to do is go get some fro-yo at the mall? There is a reason people tear the things down during times of civil unrest! It is because they are creepy.

Remember at the Provo mall how they have those statues of the girls under the umbrella and the little girl showing her mom/gargoyle a nasty 1992 dress? I hate them so much. Also remember in front of the NuSkin building on center street those creepy kids flying around the ball? What is even going on with that thing?

Also, my dear mother who I love, but who sometimes has weird taste, got these 5 mini-statues of garden children to represent her 5 children. The good part was that my sister would remove them from the garden and put them in funny places, such as kitchen cabinets, or next to the toilet. The bad part was that my mom got annoyed and I think she cemented the little demons into the ground of the garden to haunt us all until the merciful Rapture came to save us from her creepy statue children. Thankfully she moved and I don't think she got to bring her garden freaks to the new house.

Most importantly, what if they make those by pouring the statue mix over the top of live humans? You'll never know. Unfortunate people silenced forever in a fugly bronze tomb- freaky, right? All I know is that when the revolution comes I am first in the tearing-down-statues line!

2 comments:

Annie said... @ June 7, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Ha ha ha!
Ps. A complaint... TWILIGHT!!! I hate everthing about it. I hate the story, I hate the acting, and I especially hate that everyone is obsessed with it. Seriously, do people really love it that much? Why? Barf.

Anonymous said... @ June 11, 2010 at 3:53 PM

:))and there's always someone who wants you to take their picture hugging the statue!!